IPF WORLD WEEK 2016
17 September 2016 00:00 - 25 September 2016 23:45
IPF WORLD WEEK 2016: from Saturday September 17th to Sunday September 25th
- Creating a national and international network of people working to support patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
- Developing a map of the Centers of Excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of IPF.
- Raising awareness, inform, train, guide stakeholders towards this social emergency.
- Offering support and tools to patients and their families to cope better with this disease.
- Promoting a culture of “donation” in collaboration with the organ donors associations.
- Promoting social awareness and sensitivity towards the dangers of smoking in collaboration with the Anti-Smoking Centers.
- Stimulating awareness on the voluntary sector, with particular reference to the needs of the rare disease patients.
- Promoting the knowledge on the new frontiers of biology, medicine,
social sciences, psychology, analysis, law, economics, communication,
etc. regarding IPF.
The theme to raise awareness on IPF is “Blowing soap bubbles” and the Slogan "Breath of Hope!".
Blowing soap bubbles is a joyful activity. When you are healthy, it takes less than a second to blow bubbles. If you are a patient with IPF, this simple activity can be very challenging. The Breath of Hope Campaign aims to raise awareness of IPF while reminding about the importance of lung fitness/health.
Blowing soap bubbles can be done alone or in a group/with your family/with your doctor/with your pet – one can blow big or small bubbles; one can blow them from a special location or while doing an activity.
Some initial ideas for the photo:
- Get some members of your organization together and blow bubbles
- Form the letters of IPF with people on a piece of grass while blowing bubbles
- Get a family generation together (grandparents, parents, children) and blow different sizes of bubbles